There are a lot of accommodation options in Australia that are built for the student market. The QUT accommodation services in Australia provide homestays (which is recommended for international students), residential colleges, halls of residence, apartments, hostels, and some on-campus accommodation.
- Homestay – Homestay programs usually accommodate international students to live with an Australian family in their own home. In this way, international students have a greater opportunity to learn about the Australian culture.
- Guest House Accommodation – Most student accommodation providers offer shared kitchen and bathroom facilities as they are cheaper. Hostels and guest house accommodation also give greater avenues for international students to immerse in diverse social groups.
- Apartment for Rent – Some apartments, especially those near the university, are offered by campuses for their students to rent. Since 90% of them live off campus, there are a lot of off-campus residences on offer.
- Halls of Residence – Halls of Residence are almost similar to residential colleges except that they have additional services. Halls of residence, just like the Griffith University student accommodation, offer meals and cleaning services, ensuring students’ convenience while studying.
- On-Campus Accommodation – Halls of Residence, residential colleges, and apartments are offered to students (especially international students) as part of a university’s programs to help them adjust to the new culture. Unlike the Griffith Student Accommodation off campus, however, you could be far from what the city offers.
For those who want to live off-campus, find out the following guide in looking for the right accommodation that will suit your lifestyle.
- Where to start looking?
QUT accommodation services and student living space providers can be found online. Run a search for student accommodation in Australia and you will get search results that will match your needs perfectly. Make sure to dig deep to make an informed decision.
- How to choose a rental property or apartment?
The first thing you must do is to select which accommodation option you would like to live in. Second, choose between living alone or with a housemate, living with paid services or full independence, and choosing whether to occupy a minimalist space or with a wide space. Also, consider transportation factors and your budget.
- Should rental be pre-arranged?
Inspecting the property before going to Australia can be done if you know someone who lives there. However, payments and contracts can be done once you get there.
- What is the average rental cost in Australia?
The average rental cost in Australia is between A$100 to A$400 per week. However, state rates vary, especially between cities and regional areas, and locations nearest to public transports, shopping centres, and universities. Living with housemates can help lower the rental cost.
Accommodation Services in Australia
You will be lucky to study in Australia and have some relatives out there to assist you in your new environment. However, if you happen to become an international exchange student down under, opting QUT accommodationservice can help you study and live there conveniently.
For more details about student accommodations in Australia, contact or visit http://studentone.com/qut/, a provider of apartments and living facilities suited for students of QUT.